Olivia

Olivia
1937 Buick Special

Me and Olivia

Me and Olivia
Click On The Picture For MOTAA Web Site

Me and "The Hell Bitch"

Me and "The Hell Bitch"
My 50th birthday gift to myself a 2004 Harley she is named after Captain Call's horse on Lonesome Dove.

I Want This Bike!

I Want This Bike!
Me On A 1942 Harley

My Favorite TV Show

The Location Of My Visitors!

Search This Blog For Schelley's Favorite Subjects

Saturday, February 16, 2008

The Night St. Car Nick Came To Town


'Twas the night before ChristmasAnd I was out in the garage.

There wasn't a trace of an oil leak on the floor to dodge.

The presents were wrapped and the lights were all lit,

So I figured I'd go mess with my old car for a bit.


I popped the hood latch and I lifted the hood,

When a deep voice behind me said "Looks pretty good."

Well as you can imagine, I turned mighty quick,

And there by my workbench, stood good Ol' Saint Car Nick!

He just stared at first, not sure what to say,

Then Santa piped in "Don't suppose you'd trade that for my sleigh?

'"Forget it, Mr. Claus" then I started to grin -

"If you've got time we could probably take a spin!"

His round little mouth, all tied up like a bow,

Burst into a smile when he said "C'mon then, Let's GO!!

"So as not to disturb all my neighbors' on our hasty retreat,

We pushed my old car quietly out onto the street.

Then, taking our places to drift down the hill,

I turned on the key, then let the clutch spill.

The sound erupted and took Santa by surprise,

But he liked it a lot, by the look in his eyes.


With cold tires spinning and headlights aglow,

We headed on out to roads where all the antique & classic car nuts go.

And Santa's grin widened, approaching his ears,

With every shift up, as I grinded through the gears.

Then he yelled "Can't recall when I've felt so alive!

"So I backed off the gas and said "Do you wanna drive?


"Ole' Santa was stunned when I gave him the keys,

As he walked past the headlights he shook at the knees!

Then he pulled out the choke and adjusted the spark

The engine gave a sputter before it would start!

Saint Car Nick said what a wonderful sound!

He let out the clutch as the tires tore up the ground.

He shifted into second, and again into third!

I grabbed for the handle, at a loss for a word.


With the tank reaching empty, Santa returned to his sleigh,
Never to forget that ride in my old 28 Ford Model A.

Later, I heard him exclaim, as he blasted from sight,

"Merry Christmas, ya’ll,It's been a heck of a night!!!"
By Schelley Brown
Ark-La-Tex Antique & Classic Car Association
Mid America Old Time Automobile Associaton